UAlbany faculty, staff, and students are entitled to a subscription license for Office 365 ProPlus at no charge.
- You may install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five personal computers (Windows 7, Windows 8, or Mac OS X version 10.6 or later). You may deactivate the license for workstations where you have already installed the software to free up licenses, if needed.
- It is a subscription license that begins as soon as your UAlbany Mail account is created and ends when your UAlbany Mail account expires. Instances of Office 365 ProPlus installed on your computers will go into reduced functionality mode after that point. (You can open and view existing files, but most features are unavailable.)
- The apps get installed on your computer and are available even when your computer is offline. They check in with the licensing server when your computer is online. Your computer must be online at least once every 30 days or the apps will go into reduced functionality mode until the license subscription can be verified online again.
This license includes:
- Office 365 ProPlus for Windows (Office 2013 ProPlus base applications)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Office 2016 ProPlus base applications)
Office Mobile Apps for Phones and Tablets
It is not part of the Office 365 ProPlus subscription license, but you may find it useful to know that anyone can install the Office mobile apps on a smartphone or tablet to easily access your OneDrive for Business files.
- Office Apps for Android (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, and OneDrive)
Get Office apps for Android tablets
Get Office apps for Android phones