Subcommittee on Student Support Services
Fundamental Charge: This subcommittee will determine the variety and scope of student support services, as well as examine the degree of access to these programs, coordination, and contribution made by these programs to the academic, personal, and social development and well being of students.
- To what extent are student support services available to, and to what extent are do students utilize them? # # How does the university meet special access needs of, for instance, students who live off campus, transfer students, or students with disabilities?
- How are students informed of the available support services both prior to enrollment and when needs arise?
- How does the university assess the effectiveness of support services? How does it determine which services to initiate, enhance, or reduce? How does it coordinate the services to avoid duplication or gaps in service?
- How do the student support services acknowledge and meet the needs of the university's diverse student population (e.g., international students, older students, disabled students, and commuters)?
- To what extent do the current services exhibit sensitivity to cultural differences and expectations?
- What are the services offered for students at academic risk? How effective are the current programs in assisting students at risk of academic failure? How are these students identified and notified of services available?
- Is there an adequate number of qualified professionals to staff the support services required to serve the current and projected student populations?
- Are there adequate physical facilities and technology to deliver services to the current and projected student populations?
- What are the policies and procedures for addressing student complaints and grievances pertaining to academic or non-academic matters? How are these created, updated, assessed and disseminated to students, faculty and professional staff? How are records of student complaints maintained?
- What are the safety policies and procedures for the campus? What are the emergency procedures and resources for addressing a wide-impact violent incident or an outbreak of disease? How are these evaluated? How are students faculty, and staff notified in cases of emergency?
- What is the current availability of on campus housing? How does the university determine access to housing? # How will the university meet the demand for student housing and upgrading the current housing available?
- How does the university work with the community officials and organizations to ensure the safety of students who live in off campus housing?
- What are the policies, procedures, and resources available for the initiation and continuation of student-run clubs and organizations? How do such activities support the mission and goals of the university?
- What are the policies, procedures, and resources available for the initiation and continuation of recreational, intercollegiate and intramural athletic programs? How do such activities support the mission and goals of the university?
Please click email@example.com contact Mr. Clarence McNeal, chair of this subcommitee, to provide input or comments.