Discord is growing to become the staple of communication for all forms of gaming. But Sony, one of the largest gaming companies, has yet to implement a direct way to stream to Discord from the PlayStation 4. There are some ways to get around this, such as buying third party accessories. The problem with this is that they can often be expensive. So here is a clear way to Stream from PS4 to Discord for free.
What You Will Need
•Desktop or Laptop
You Can Create A Twitch Account Here
You Can Create A Discord Account Here
Steps to Stream from Playstation to Twitch to Discord
Is your Twitch account already connected to your PlayStation?
If so, you can skip to step 6.
1) At the PlayStation home screen, you will need to go to your PlayStation Settings.
2) From Settings, you will have to go down to Sharing and Broadcast.
3) When in Sharing and Broadcast, you will need to select Link with Other Services.
4) After you have selected Link with Other Services, the next step will be to select Twitch and follow PlayStations Instructions on connecting the services.
5) After your Twitch account is paired with your PlayStation, you are now able to stream directly from your PlayStation to Twitch.
6) To activate the stream, you will first need to start up a game. For this example, I will be using Apex Legends, but this works with any game.
7) On your Playstation Controller, you will need to press the Share Button.
8)When pressed this screen will appear in front of your game.
9) Next you will go down and select Broadcast Gameplay.
10) When selected, it will ask which service do you want to broadcast on? Select Twitch
11) When you have selected Twitch, you will be brought to the screen below featuring your game. This will allow you to change the title of your stream, the quality of your stream, and even send invites to other players
12) Once you select Start Broadcasting, you will be shown a screen where you can either can adjust the Audio Sharing Settings or go straight into Start Broadcasting.
13) When you select Start Broadcasting, your screen should look like this below but featuring your game and your icon.
14) Now that your stream is up and running, you are going to get on your laptop or desktop and go Twitch.TV and sign in to your account.
15) Then you will select your Twitch Icon which can found in the top right of Twitch.TV
16) This will allow a bring out a menu where you will select Channel.
17) Selecting Channel will instantly bring you to your PlayStation Live Stream.
18) From here you will now need to open up Discord.
19) Once you have Discord open you can go into the Server you wish to stream too.
20) Once there you will select Share Screen.
21) This will pop out a window in which you can select the window you wish to share. For this, you will select the window in which Twitch.TV is open on.
22) Once you have completed all those steps this should be your finished product. Happy Streaming!
- TIP: If you wish to see your Stream while on Discord at the same time. You may need to Restore Down your Discord Window or Tab.
- TIP: If you do not wish to have the boarders or your icon appear on your screen as they do in step 12 you can turn this off by..