ITS is happy to announce the wiki forms have been upgraded on January 7, 2019. You may wish to take advantage of new functionality the new version provides:
- Conditional Fields - The new Conditional Fields macro lets you customize form behavior based on user input. You can build your forms to display or hide specific fields based on the options users select. It’s better for user experience, simplifying the choices they need to make.
- Attachment Macro - Users can now submit Responses with Attachments. This can be one or many attachments. Just insert the Attachment Macro in your Form and you will be ready to submit Attachments.
- Forms Page - With the Form Page macro you can now organize a form in different pages, such as survey sections, creating a better user experience through long forms.
- Simpler Form Creation - The Submit Button, Submit Image Button and the Captcha Macro all bundled in the Forms Macro now.
- Responses Table Macro - Brand new macro to be able to visualize Responses in any Confluence Page. Additional configuration to be able restrict the permissions of who can visualize such responses. Columns can be re-ordered and sorted.
- Predictable Search when creating a Form - With the new predictable search it's easier than ever to identify where the Form is going to be submitted
- Blueprints - Blueprints can be used to get a form up and running in no time at all.
- Space Administrator Configuration - it is now possible to create form configurations if a user is a space administrator. This allows not only Confluence administrators to manage forms, but also space administrators.
- Single Submission Option - Now Forms can be configured to allow only a single submission per user.
- Allow the possibility of overriding a previous submission - Forms can be configured to allow a user to override a previous submission.
- NEW User Picker - Creates a dropdown List with the list of users from a certain group. As the user types, the number of users will be automatically filtered. This is also available in the Destination List Macro.
- Date Picker Macro now has multiple new date formats with validation available for each, in the past or future. When submitting a response with a date, the format chosen is now displayed.
Don't forget the November 2018 Upgrade also provided the following features:
- New Checkbox Group macro - A new checkbox group macro has been added, providing a better mechanism for creating checkboxes. This includes a custom dialog that makes creating checkboxes much simpler. Checkboxes were automatically migrated from the old mechanism to the new mechanism.
- New Radio Button Group macro - A new radio button group macro has been added, providing a better mechanism for creating radio buttons. This includes a custom dialog that makes creating radio buttons much simpler. Existing Radio buttons were automatically migrated to the new mechanism.
- New Hidden Macro Added - A new hidden macro has been added to replace the input field with type "hidden". This is a simpler mechanism for creating a hidden field whilst making it simpler to use other fields. Existing Mail Input macros with type "hidden" were automatically migrated to the new mechanism.
- Removed the Mail Destination & Mail Parameter Macros - The Mail Destination & Mail Parameter macro combinations have been replaced with the new Destination List macro, providing a better mechanism for creating a list of destinations users can select from. This includes a custom dialog that makes creating destination options much simpler. Existing Mail Parameter and Mail Destination macros were automatically migrated to the new mechanism.
- New Destination Macro - A new Dropdown List button group macro has been added, providing a better mechanism for creating a list of destinations buttons. This includes a custom dialog that makes creating radio buttons much simpler. Radio buttons were automatically migrated to the new mechanism.
- Value and Velocity Value fields now a single field - Previously, the Value and Velocity Value fields were separate fields, although Velocity Value had a higher precedence than the Value parameter. The new single Value field accepts both inputs.
- Deprecated Mail Label macro - The Mail Label macro is being officially removed and it is advised that all labels defined using this macro are migrated to the label parameter. This deprecation leaves the macro functional as it was although new Mail Label macros can not be easily added. We strongly advise you to update your forms from using this macro to instead defining the label as a parameter inside the field.
* The Forms for Confluence plugin was upgraded to version 7.7.7. Full release notes are available here.
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.