Installing GlobalProtect on Mac OS X
- Open a web browser and go to https://uavpn.albany.edu.
- Log in with your University at Albany NetID and password.
- Download the appropriate GlobalProtect client for your operating system (Mac 32/64-bit GlobalProtect Agent).
- Run the GlobalProtect setup application (GlobalProtect.pkg) and click Continue to begin.
- Click Continue to install the GlobalProtect client.
- Click Install to proceed with the the installation.
- Enter password when and click Install Software when prompted.
IMPORTANT on OS X 10.13 +, due to a new security feature introduced by Apple, BEFORE using GlobalProtect, go to Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Security & Privacy and click "Allow" the software from Palo Alto Networks to run.
This must be performed within 30 minutes of completing the installation and before running the application to connect.
More information about this security feature: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2459/_index.html
- A GlobalProtect window should appear in the upper-right menu bar. If not, click the icon that appears to resemble a Globe. Enter the portal address uavpn.albany.edu
- Sign in with your University at Albany NetID and password.
- You should see a GlobalProtect window stating that you are now connected
Disconnecting from the VPN
- Select the GlobalProtect icon in the notification area at the upper right to bring up the VPN connection window.
- Click Disconnect to end the VPN session.
Connecting to the VPN
- To open the GlobalProtect VPN client:
- option 1: In Applications, double-click GlobalProtect
- option 2: Press cmd+space and type "Global Protect" and press Enter
- When prompted, enter your NetID and password, and click Connect.
- The GlobalProtect icon will be minimized in the menu bar in the upper right.
There is no content with the specified labels