Installing GlobalProtect on Android devices
You can install the GlobalProtect client on any Android device, including phones, tablets, and Chromebooks. These steps were performed on Android 7.1.1 - your device may look different.
- Open the Google Play Store and search for "GlobalProtect" - this should be the first result:
- Alternatively, you can open a web browser on another computer and go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paloaltonetworks.globalprotect then choose to install on any of your mobile devices.
- Download the GlobalProtect client.
- Once installed, open the GlobalProtect app and enter the portal address uavpn.albany.edu.
- Enter your University at Albany NetID and password and tap Connect.
- You may be prompted to accept the VPN connection request from the GlobalProtect client. Tap OK to proceed.
- You should now be connected to the VPN. To disconnect, tap Disconnect at the bottom of the screen.
Reconnecting to the VPN
- To reconnect to the VPN, open the GlobalProtect app and tap Connect at the bottom of the screen.