Installing GlobalProtect on Windows
- Log in with your University at Albany NetID and password.
- Download the appropriate GlobalProtect client for your operating system.
- Run the GlobalProtect setup application and click Next to begin.
Click Next to leave the installation folder as the default location (C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect), or choose a different folder and then click Next.
If you encounter the following error during installation:
There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
Solution:Show solution steps...
Ensure that you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable installed. The 32-bit Windows client requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86), and the 64-bit Windows client requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64). Both versions are available on the Microsoft site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
- Click Close to exit the installation wizard.
- A GlobalProtect window should appear in the bottom right corner. Enter the portal address uavpn.albany.edu
- Sign in with your University at Albany NetID and password.
- You should see a GlobalProtect window stating that you are now connected.
Disconnecting from the VPN
- Select the GlobalProtect icon in the notification area at the lower right to bring up the VPN connection window.
- Click Disconnect to end the VPN session.
Connecting to the VPN
- To open the GlobalProtect VPN client:
- Start > Palo Alto Networks > GlobalProtect (folder) > GlobalProtect
- When prompted, enter your NetID and password, and click Connect.
- The GlobalProtect icon will be minimized in the notification area at the lower right.
There is no content with the specified labels