Panopto is Replacing Ensemble Video
UAlbany’s video management system is changing. Ensemble Video will be replaced by Panopto, a leading video management platform for higher education. In the coming weeks Panopto will be set up and video content migrated from Ensemble. Watch this page for updated information about the Panopto implementation and migration.
Take a few minutes and watch a short video about Panopto for some more information.
If you have other questions or concerns that you would like to share with the project team, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com
What is Panopto?
Panopto is a full featured video content management system (VCMS) that will replace Ensemble. Features include:
- Video Content Management
- Lecture Capture
- Video Editing
- Integration with the Blackboard
- Video Accessibility
What is the timeline for moving to Panopto?
Panopto will replace Ensemble for the Fall 2022 term.
- You can still use Ensemble for Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 course development
- We will communicate when Ensemble can no longer be used.
What happens to my videos/playlists in Ensemble?
- ITS will facilitate copying of videos/playlists currently stored in Ensemble to the Panopto system.
- You can download videos from Ensemble and save them to OneDrive.
- Your videos will be available to you in Ensemble for a limited time.
- ITS will inform you prior to Ensemble Video being unavailable.
What happens to my Ensemble videos in Blackboard?
- Ensemble videos will be migrated to Panopto.
- Links to videos in Blackboard will be redirected to the migrated version of the video in Panopto.
How can I access Panopto?
We are working on setting up access to Panopto. When it is ready, you will log in, just like with Ensemble.
What resources are available to help me learn about using Panopto?
As time progresses, UAlbany will offer both live and on demand professional development on Panopto. In the meantime, Panopto offers:
More information is available at Panopto for Education.
Repository of Communication
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.