- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Ever wished your team had one central hub to meet, work, share and chat? Now they do! Microsoft Teams is an entirely new team workspace in Office 365. It brings together several Microsoft apps in one location so your team has easy access to all the tools they need to work effectively. Share files, edit documents, take notes, schedule meetings, chat with the group all right in Teams.
Microsoft Teams provides the following features:
- Chat and audio & video web conferencing with screen sharing: Enjoy public and private conversations with your Teams and colleagues. Integration of Skype video brings popular social features, such as adding emojis and custom memes to your discussion.
- 1TB OneDrive file storage: Teams creates a SharePoint document library for each Channel in a Team to provide many options for working collaboratively. Beyond simply editing and sharing files, you can select a file and start a new Conversation about it which appears in your Team Channel Conversations tab so other members of your Team can view your comments and replies.
- OneNote Notebook: Organize and take notes for and with your Team in one central location.
- SharePoint Team Site: Create an internal website for your Team.
- Microsoft Planner Plans: Organize and manage projects within your Team.
- Highly Customizable: Every Team is unique with differing workflow methods and requirements. Microsoft Teams allows you to tailor your Team and Channels to meet each group's needs. Enable modules to provide updates and notifications from third-party services like BitBucket, GitHub, and Twitter, among others. Make accessing other Office 365 services such as Forms, OneNote, and Planner, just a click of a tab away.
WHO CAN USE TEAMS?
All UAlbany Faculty, Staff, and students can use Microsoft Teams to chat/IM, make video or voice calls, and manage Teams Meetings. Additionally, all UAlbany Faculty, Staff, and students and may request a Team for use within the Teams ecosystem via the Microsoft Team Request Form. External users may be granted access to be on a Team.
HOW TO USE TEAMS
GET TEAMS APPS
REQUEST A TEAM
Microsoft Teams is available to all UAlbany Faculty, Staff, and Students. You can use its Chat, File, and voice/video meeting features right "out of the box". If you would like to create a Team on Microsoft Teams, they are available by request.
Microsoft provides the following learning resources for using the accessibility features of Teams.
- Accessibility Support for Microsoft Teams
- Using Teams with a screen reader
- Microsoft Disability Answer Desk
The desktop or mobile app version of Microsoft Teams is recommended over the web version. The web version may be difficult to navigate with a screen reader.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS