- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Ever wished your team had one central hub to meet, work, share and chat? Now they do! Microsoft Teams is a team workspace in Office 365. It brings together several Microsoft apps in one location so your team has easy access to all the tools they need to work effectively and perform at their peak. Share files, edit documents, take notes, schedule meetings, chat with the group ... Teams organizes everything in one place to create a dedicated hub for teamwork.
Microsoft Teams is an entirely new experience. It is a chat-based collaborative work space in UAlbany Mail (Office 365) which brings together conversations, content, and tools by providing the following features:
- Chat and web video conferencing with screen sharing: Enjoy public and private conversations with your Teams and colleagues. Integration of Skype video brings popular social features, such as adding emojis and custom memes to your discussion.
- Audio & Video Calling: Teams provides a simple and easy-to-use app that allows you to chat with your team via text, have a voice conversation, or a video meeting.
- 1TB OneDrive file storage: Teams creates a SharePoint document library for each Channel in a Team to provide many options for working collaboratively. Beyond simply editing and sharing files, you can select a file and start a new Conversation about it which appears in your Team Channel Conversations tab so other members of your Team can view your comments and replies. File conversations are different from Microsoft Word track changes and comments and are not embedded in the document; conversations are only visible within Teams.
- OneNote Notebook
- SharePoint Team Site
- Microsoft Planner Plans
- Embed content from other applications
- Bots: There are currently about 24 bots with a variety of functionalities available to help increase productivity. There’s the T-Bot, which can answer most basic and frequently asked questions about Teams, Polly Bot for polling co-workers, Statsbot for delivering scheduled reports via sources, such as Salesforce and Google Analytics, and Growbot, which allows the exchange of kudos with your co-workers.
- Highly Customizable: Every Team is unique with differing workflow methods and requirements. Microsoft Teams allows you to tailor your Team and Channels to meet each group's needs. Enable modules to provide updates and notifications from third-party services like BitBucket, GitHub, and Twitter, among others. Make accessing other Office 365 services such as Forms, OneNote, and Planner, just a click of a tab away.
HOW TO USE TEAMS
Get started with the Interactive Demo. This guided tour of Teams to will explain how to use the app and teach you about key features:
The Microsoft Teams help center offers a great video training series offering a collection of short, usually less than 3 minutes each, video tutorials covering a wide range of Microsoft Teams topics.
Additional Teams Resources
- Microsoft Teams Youtube Channel
- Quick Start
- Microsoft Teams Help Center
- Microsoft Teams tips & tricks
- Microsoft Teams on Mobile Devices
- Using Planner in Microsoft Teams
- Using OneNote Staff Notebook in Teams
- Using Microsoft Teams in the classroom
This is a Microsoft Teams Team of the people, for the people, and by the people! Chat with other members of the UAlbany Community about using Teams.
GET TEAMS APPS
REQUEST A TEAM
Microsoft Teams is available to all UAlbany Faculty, Staff, and Students. You can use its Chat, File, and voice/video meeting features right "out of the box". If you would like to create a Team on Microsoft Teams, they are available by request.
Microsoft provides the following learning resources for using the accessibility features of Teams.
The desktop or mobile app version of Microsoft Teams is recommended over the web version. The web version may be difficult to navigate with a screen reader.
- Owners per Team: 100
- Teams a user can create: 250
- Number of members of a Team: 999
- Chat participants: 20
- Meeting participants: 80
UAlbany Teams Usage Policy
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS