- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
ITS upgraded Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams on June 1, 2020.
What do I need to know about the switch from Skype for Business to Teams?
Review Microsoft's article comparing the two services here.
Ever wished your team had one central hub to meet, work, share and chat? Now they do! Microsoft Teams is an entirely new team workspace in Office 365. It brings together several Microsoft apps in one location so your team has easy access to all the tools they need to work effectively. Share files, edit documents, take notes, schedule meetings, chat with the group all right in Teams.
Microsoft Teams is a digital hub that brings conversations, content, and apps together in one place.
Microsoft Teams provides the following features:
- Chat and audio & video web conferencing with screen sharing: Enjoy public and private conversations with your Teams and colleagues. Integration of video brings Includes popular social features, such as adding emojis and custom memes to your discussion.
- 1TB OneDrive file storage: Teams creates a SharePoint document library for each Channel in a Team to provide many options for working collaboratively. Beyond simply editing and sharing files, you can select a file and start a new Conversation about it which appears in your Team Channel Conversations tab so other members of your Team can view your comments and replies.
- OneNote Notebook: Organize and take notes for and with your Team in one central location.
- SharePoint Team Site: Create an internal website for your Team.
- Microsoft Planner Plans: Organize and manage projects within your Team.
- Highly Customizable: Every Team is unique with differing workflow methods and requirements. Microsoft Teams allows you to tailor your Team and Channels to meet each group's needs. Enable modules to provide updates and notifications from third-party services like BitBucket, GitHub, and Twitter, among others. Make accessing other Office 365 services such as Forms, OneNote, and Planner, just a click of a tab away.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO USE MICROSOFT TEAMS?
WHO CAN USE TEAMS?
All UAlbany Faculty, Staff, and students can use Microsoft Teams to chat/IM, make video or voice calls, manage Teams Meetings, and create/use Teams within the service. External users may be granted access to be on a Team.
HOW TO USE TEAMS
This is a UAlbany-hosted Microsoft Teams Team of the people, for the people, and by the people! Chat with other members of the UAlbany Community about using Teams. Ask questions about others' experiences, share ideas, and discover best practices with Microsoft Teams.
GET TEAMS APPS
The Microsoft Teams desktop client will be automatically installed on desktops connected to the UAlbany network starting March 11, 2020.
Install Microsoft Teams (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS)
Microsoft offers a unique set of accessibility features to efficiently navigate through Teams.
- Accessibility Support for Microsoft Teams
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Teams
- Using Teams with a screen reader
- Microsoft Disability Answer Desk
The desktop or mobile app version of Microsoft Teams is recommended over the web version. The web version may be difficult to navigate with a screen reader.
NAMING OF TEAMS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Watch a video Introducing Microsoft Teams: