- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Microsoft TeamsMicrosoft Teams is a chat-based collaborative work space in UAlbany Mail (Office 365) which
Microsoft Teams is a digital hub that brings conversations, content, and apps together in one place, so your team has easy access to all the tools they need to work effectively. Share files, edit documents, take notes, schedule meetings, chat with the group all right in Teams.
Microsoft Teams provides the following features:
Microsoft provides the following learning resources for using the accessibility features of Teams.
- Team chat Chat and audio & video web video conferencing with screen sharing1-on-1 text chat and video chat: Enjoy public and private conversations with your Teams and colleagues. Includes popular social features, such as adding emojis and custom memes to your discussion.
- 1TB OneDrive file storage
- OneNote Notebook
- Team SharePoint Site
- Microsoft Planner Plans
- Embed content from other applications
HOW TO USE TEAMS
Get started with the Interactive Demo. This guided tour of Teams to will explain how to use the app and teach you about key features.
- Use Planner in Microsoft Teams
- Use OneNote Staff Notebook in Teams
- Use Microsoft Teams in the classroom
Download and install Microsoft Teams on all your devices.
- : Teams creates a SharePoint document library for each Channel in a Team to provide many options for working collaboratively. Beyond simply editing and sharing files, you can select a file and start a new Conversation about it which appears in your Team Channel Conversations tab so other members of your Team can view your comments and replies.
- OneNote Notebook: Organize and take notes for and with your Team in one central location.
- SharePoint Team Site: Create an internal website for your Team.
- Microsoft Planner Plans: Organize and manage projects within your Team.
- Highly Customizable: Every Team is unique with differing workflow methods and requirements. Microsoft Teams allows you to tailor your Team and Channels to meet each group's needs. Enable modules to provide updates and notifications from third-party services like BitBucket, GitHub, and Twitter, among others. Make accessing other Office 365 services such as Forms, OneNote, and Planner, just a click of a tab away.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO USE MICROSOFT TEAMS?
WHO CAN USE TEAMS?
All UAlbany Faculty, Staff, and students can use Microsoft Teams to chat/IM, make video or voice calls, manage Teams Meetings, and create/use Teams within the service. External users may be granted access to be on a Team.
HOW TO USE TEAMS
This is a UAlbany-hosted Microsoft Teams Team of the people, for the people, and by the people! Chat with other members of the UAlbany Community about using Teams. Ask questions about others' experiences, share ideas, and discover best practices with Microsoft Teams.
GET TEAMS APPS
The Microsoft Teams desktop client is automatically installed on desktops connected to the UAlbany network.
Install Microsoft Teams (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS)
Microsoft offers a unique set of accessibility features to efficiently navigate through Teams.
- Accessibility Support for Microsoft Teams
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Teams
- Using Teams with a screen reader
- Microsoft Disability Answer Desk
The desktop or mobile app version of Microsoft Teams is recommended over the web version. The web version may be difficult to navigate with a screen reader.
- Owners per Team: 100
- Teams a user can create: 250
- Number of members of a Team: 999
- Chat participants: 20
- Meeting participants: 80
Can I create a Team without a group?
You can add a team to an existing group. Creating a new team will also create a group.
What happens when a Team is deleted?
Any content associated with that Team is also deleted. If a deleted Team contains a Plan, these items will also be deleted.
What is the difference between public and private?
All Team content is only visible to members of the team. Private Teams require an invitation to join while public Teams are open for anyone at UAlbany to join.
Can I restrict who has access to email a team?
No, anyone at UAlbany is able to email a team. If you need to control access, please use a mailing list.
Can I delete messages within a channel of a team?
You can only delete individual messages you have posted. Deleting a channel in a team will delete all messages in that channel.
Can I delete messages within the conversations of a team?
You can only delete individual messages you have sent. Team conversation threads cannot be deleted.
What happens when a Team owner's account is removed?
If a team has no owner, members are unable to self-promote a new owner. Please open a Service Desk request to have a new owner appointed.
How do I place an audio or video call?
Many of the calling features in a team require the Teams desktop app.
Can someone outside of UAlbany join my Team?
Yes, you can invite guests to join your team.
How long can I use a team that I create?
A Team will be eligible for deletion one year after its creation. The Team owner will be given multiple opportunities to renew the Team before it is deleted.
Can I archive or restore a team that I created?
Yes, a team can be archived to keep around for reference in a read-only, searchable format and then restored again at later date if it needs to be used again.
NAMING OF TEAMS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ITS upgraded Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams on June 1, 2020.
What do I need to know about the switch from Skype for Business to Teams?
Review Microsoft's article comparing the two services here.
Watch a video Introducing Microsoft Teams: