Faculty and staff should not perform this installation on a University computer without first consulting the Technology Coordinator who supports the computer.
What does the license provide?
|UAlbany faculty, staff|
|and students are entitled to a subscription license for Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise (formerly called Office 365 ProPlus|
|) at no charge.|
- You may install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five personal computers (Windows 7, Windows 8, or Mac OS X version 10.6 or later). You may on up to 15 devices in total: 5 installations on Windows (Windows 8.1, or 10) and Mac (macOS/X 10.10 or later) devices, 5 installations on smart phones, and 5 on tablet devices. You may deactivate the license for workstations where you have already installed the software to free up licenses, if needed.
- It is a subscription license that begins as soon as your UAlbany Mail account is created and ends when your UAlbany Mail account expires. Instances Instances of Office 365 ProPlus installed on your computers will go into reduced functionality mode after that point. (You can open and view existing files, but most features are unavailable.)
- The apps get installed on your computer and are available even when your computer is offline. They check in with the licensing server when your computer is online. Your Your computer must be online at least once every 30 days or the apps will go into reduced functionality mode until the license subscription can be verified online again.
This license includes:
- Office 365 ProPlus for Windows (Office 2013 ProPlus base applications)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Office 2011 ProPlus base applications)
- Office Apps for iPad (
Microsoft 365 Apps for Windows
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Access, Teams
Microsoft 365 Apps for Mac
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams
Microsoft 365 Apps Mobile Apps for Phones and Tablets
Apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Teams, and
Apps for Android
: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Teams, and OneDrive
Office Mobile App for Phones
It is not part of the Office 365 ProPlus subscription license, but you may find it useful to know that anyone can install Office Mobile on a smartphone to easily access your OneDrive for Business files.
Microsoft Office 365 Accessibility Resources
Microsoft Office 365 Training Resources