- Single Sign-On (SSO) provides a common user interface for user authentication. It also enables single sign-on among participating applications. Currently, access to SSO is valid for use by students and employees to login to MyUAlbany and IAS. In the future, additional IT services will be addedMany IT services, such as UAlbany Mail and MyUAlbany, currently use SSO.
What are the advantages of SSO?
- The SSO service provides several benefits:
- The same NetID and password allows access to several services.
- You only need to provide your password to one trusted application.
- You only have to type your NetID and password once per session.
- You can be confident that your NetID and password are treated securely.
- The University's plan is to eventually transition all IT services to the SSO Logon process. However, this first phase of the plan only affects MyUAlbany and IAS.
How do I get an account to use the SSO service?
- The process of obtaining an account has not changed. Complete the process to set your password and obtain your NetID.
What do I do if this is my first time using the web login or SSO page?
additional protection to my accounts are provided by the University's SSO service?
- 2-Step (with Microsoft or Duo) offer multifactor authentication as added security to the login process.
What if I forgot my NetID or password?