About the Service
A wiki is a website that allows multiple users to add and edit content. Wiki spaces are intended to support University-related activities and are available upon request to faculty/staff.
- Group or team wiki spaces in Wikis @ UAlbany provide an interactive, web-based collaboration platform for group/team members inside and outside the University.
- A website that allows multiple users to add and edit content.
- Flexible content wiki pages
- Text, graphics, links, file attachments, etc., for collecting, developing and/or presenting team material content
- Task lists, meetings notes, risk/issue lists, etc., for project management
- Blog posts
- File lists with versioning
- Discussion boards
- Forms to collect information from users
- Intranet/internal website for an office or working group to document procedures, specifications, and store important files
- Public-facing website for a project, committee, or working group
- Knowledge base for procedural or troubleshooting information (like askIT!)
- Create forms to collect information from users and send results to an email address or store directly in the wiki
Request a new wiki space
Wiki spaces expire annually after the Spring semester. As the expiration date approaches, ITS will contact the space owners to ask if the space is still needed. If so, it will be renewed through the next year.
Unlike other wiki spaces, when an instructional-use wiki expires, you can choose to renew it then, but if you wish to continue using this space for another semester with new students, you will need to remove all of the past students' work first, or acquire written consent from each student. More information about this policy and a link to the student consent form is located at http://www.albany.edu/its/svc_wikis.php.
Giving and Restricting Access
Request a guest account for an external user so you may grant view or edit permissions to him/her.
Working with macros
Working with Attachments/Files
Displaying a List of Files
Uploading File Attachments
Customize the sidebar of your wiki space
Create a File List in your wiki
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.