In some cases, Windows 10's automatic settings detection for UAlbanyWiFi does not work properly, so the connection must be made manually.
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi >Manage Known Networks and select and remove UAlbanyWiFi from the known networks, if present
- From Start menu, search for and open Control Panel (type "control" to search)
- Select Network and Internet, then select Network and Sharing Center
- Select Set up a new connection or network
- Choose Manually connect to a network and click Next
- Enter the following settings
- For Network name: type UAlbanyWiFi
- For Security type: select WPA2-Enterprise
- You can elect to choose to Start this connection automatically
- Click Next
- Select Change connection settings
- Go to the Security tab and click the Settings button
- Under Trusted Root Certification Authorities, select USERTrust RSA Certification Authority
- Click on the Configure… button and in the next window uncheck the box for Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
- Click the OK button and then click the OK button again
- Back on the Security tab and click the Advanced Settings button
- Check the box for Specify authentication mode and select User authentication from the drop-down menu
- Click the Save Credentials button, enter your NetID and password, and click OK
- Click Save
Click OK on all the remaining windows.
Your computer will attempt to connect to UAlbanyWiFi
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.