When able to connect to UAlbanyWiFi, but the connection will repeatedly switch to “Limited” or "No Internet Access" when actually attempting to connect to a webpage.
Attempt normal troubleshooting methods in order to connect, including
- Checking and double checking user’s credentials (NetID and password)
- Resetting manual network settings
- Make sure that under the Preferred Network list, UAGuest or other non-UAlbanyWiFi campus networks is not listed above UAlbanyWiFi
If you have done all of these things and the issue still prevails, you can enable “Federal Information Processing Standards” to try to fix the network connection
- From Control Panel, open Network and Sharing Center and click Manage Wireless Networks
- Open the Wireless Network Properties
- Go to the Security tab
- Click Advanced Settings
- Go to the 802.11 settings tab
- After reconnecting to the network, this may resolve the issue
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.