This page provides common answers for to help you get started.
What are virtual desktops for Digital Forensics?
ITS manages and supports a virtual Windows desktop environment for the Digital Forensics program of the School of Business. This environment provides Windows desktops for students in enrolled in the program that can be accessed from anywhere using a web browser or the VMWare Horizon client application. The Windows desktops include the standard UAlbany Windows operating system, Microsoft 365 apps, and some program-specific applications that are supported by the faculty of the Digital Forensics program.
Who can access virtual desktops for Digital Forensics?
Students enrolled in designated class sections of the Digital Forensics program will have access enabled at the conclusion of the add/drop period of any fall or spring semester.
How do I access virtual desktops for Digital Forensics?
- When on campus:
- In your web browser, go to: https://desktops.albany.edu
- When off campus:
How do I get help with the virtual desktops for Digital Forensics?
If you can't log in to the virtual desktops.
- Report the following to the ITS Service Desk:
- Your NetID
- The class name that you're enrolled.
- The date and time of failure.
- A clear and concise description of error, including whether you've ever successfully accessed a desktop before.
- A screen shot of the error you're getting.
If you need help using specialized applications of the Digital Forensics program.
Contact your instructor to resolve questions about using the applications.
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.