The University at Albany is committed to the ideal of universal web accessibility. Continuing efforts are being made to have the pages within this web site as accessible as possible in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
If you have trouble accessing any portion of this site* due to a physical limitation, please submit a Help Request to the attention of the Accessibility Officer:
Lead Programmer/Analyst, Web Support & Services
If you are having trouble logging in to a campus IT service, please call the ITS Service Desk at 518/442-3700 or Submit a Help Request.
What is the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)?
- The New York State Office for Technology has issued Technology Policy P08-005 Accessibility of State Agency Web-based Intranet and Internet Information and Applications. This policy requires that all New York State Agency web sites provide universal accessibility for persons with disabilities. The policy requires that any official New York State web site must meet the fourteen Web Accessibility Guidelines established by the W3 Consortium (W3C) under priority level one. The policy is part of New York State's compliance with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The official W3 Consortium Web Accessibilty Initiative site .
Video of Presentation by Shawn Henry of the W3C:
- Presentation on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Update
Link to Helpful Site about Web Accessibility:
- Accessible Site Design - tips for creating pages accessible to all browsers
Is your web site accessible?
- Checklist for University at Albany web builders
Tools to help you make your site more accessible:
- Clean up the html in your web pages with Tidy .
Last Reviewed: May 2013