Microsoft offers a free app that you can use to manage your UAlbany Mail email, contacts, and calendar on your iOS devices.
Download Outlook for iOS from the iOS App Store and then open it. The icon looks like this:
- If this is the first account for your Outlook app, tap Get Started.
If you already have one or more other accounts in Outlook, open the menu (house icon in the upper left), tap Settings (gear icon at the lower left), and choose to Add Account.
- Select Add Email Account.
- The Add account page will open. Enter your UAlbany email address (e.g. email@example.com) and tap the Add Account button.
Type in your NetID and password.
Complete your 2-step authentication.
- You will have the option to add another account. If desired, tap Continue and add another account, if not, tap Skip.
- Tap Skip again or the arrow to continue and view the additional features Outlook offers.
- Outlook app is now officially set up and ready to use.
For more instructions, visit Microsoft's documentation for this.
This app is not required to access your UAlbany Mail account on your iPhone or iPad; you can use the built-in iOS Mail, Contacts, and Calendar apps, or even both, if you wish.
- Focus on the right things with the smart inbox - we help you sort between messages you need to act on straight away and everything else.
- Swipe to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- Find everything you're looking for with our new search experience, including files, contacts, and your upcoming trips.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- iOS 12 or higher
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.