Some issues in Outlook with UAlbany Mail are due to file problems in the Outlook profile. Creating a new profile for your UAlbany Mail account in Outlook can help.
- Close Outlook.
- In Windows, click Start > Control Panel or search for and open Control Panel.
- Open Mail or Mail (32 bit).
- Add a new profile by clicking Show Profiles.
- Click Add...
Give the profile a name and click OK.
Choose a name that is intuitive for you to know which is this profile, perhaps Outlook, then Outlook 2, or the name of a specific use you have in mind.
- On the Auto Account Setup page, Outlook may automatically fill in the Your Name and E-mail Address settings based on how you're logged on to your computer.
- If the settings are filled in and they're correct, click Next to have Outlook finish setting up your account.
If the settings on the Auto Account Setup page aren't filled in or aren't correct, do the following:
- If the settings on the Auto Account Setup page aren't filled in, type the correct information.
- If the name in the Your Name box isn't correct, you may need to reset the options on the Auto Account Setup page before you can edit your name. To reset the options, click the option button next to Manually setup or additional server types, and then click the option button next to E-Mail Account.
- After you click Next on the Auto Account Setup page, Outlook will search online to find your email server settings.
- The University login page will appear and you may enter your NetID, the first part of your email address (before the @albany.edu) or your full UAlbany Mail email address as your user name and password then click Sign In.
- If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see the following text: “Congratulations! Your email account is successfully configured and is ready to use.” Click Finish.
- Choose whether you would like to be prompted to select a profile each time you open Outlook or open one automatically, and then click OK on the Mail window to close that.
- Open Outlook to begin downloading your content and verify everything works properly.