The usual way of accessing a shared mailbox in Outlook is simple, but does not provide access to all features and settings in the shared mailbox. Adding a shared mailbox to Outlook as a full Exchange account allows access to all features and settings, such as automatic replies, rules, and saving replies to the shared Sent Items folder.
- In Outlook, open the Tools menu and click Accounts
- Click the plus sign (+) at the lower left to add a New Account:
- In the prompt to Enter your email address, enter the shared mailbox's full e-mail address:
- Outlook will try to connect:
- Log in with your UAlbany NetID and Password:
- Complete your 2-step authentication.
- Your account will be added. Click Done to close the window and use your mailbox.
- The account will then be added to your list of accounts and folders in Outlook.
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.