Electronic message, information sharing, productivity, and integrated collaboration suites used to facilitate interactions between individuals and work groups as they create, share, and exchange information. Includes services such as email, calendaring, productivity suites, file sharing, instant messaging tools, and web-based collaborative platforms used strictly for collaboration.
ITS offers three mailbox types, all of which contain a calendar:
- Personal mailboxes - All faculty, staff and students are automatically provided a Personal mailbox.
- Departmental mailboxes - When Personal mailboxes do not fit a business need, a Departmental mailbox may be requested by a department. One or more individuals are granted access to the Departmental mailbox.
- Room mailboxes - This type of mailbox is requested so the calendar portion can be used to manage the scheduling of a conference room, etc. A room is simply invited to a meeting just as any person would be invited.
ITS offers two distribution group types:
- Distribution Groups - These are included in the Global Address List (GAL) and offer email distribution group functionality.
- Office 365 Groups - These are also included in the GAL, but in addition to the email distribution group functionality, they also offer:
- Group Calendar
- Group OneDrive for Business space (1TB)
- Group OneNote notebook
- Web interface for viewing and responding to the group's messages
Choose from one of the following topics to learn more:
- About the UAlbany Mail service
- Getting Connected to Your Personal Mailbox
- Using Email
- Using Calendars
- Working with a Shared Personal Mailbox or Calendar
- Working with a Departmental Mailbox or Calendar
- Working with a Room Calendar
- Working with an Equipment Calendar
- Address Book, Groups and Contacts
- Working with Broadcast Email Distribution Groups
- Spam Filtering
- Account Lifecycles
- Distribution Groups vs. Office 365 Groups vs. Listserv Lists
- Office 365 Groups
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft 365 Apps Subscription License - Installing Microsoft Office 365
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.