ITS offers three mailbox types, all of which contain a calendar:
- Personal mailboxes - All faculty, staff and students are automatically provided a Personal mailbox.
- Departmental mailboxes - When Personal mailboxes do not fit a business need, a Departmental mailbox may be requested by a department. One or more individuals are granted access to the Departmental mailbox.
- Room mailboxes - This type of mailbox is requested so the calendar portion can be used to manage the scheduling of a conference room, etc. A room is simply invited to a meeting just as any person would be invited.
ITS offers two distribution group types:
- Distribution Groups - These are included in the Global Address List (GAL) and offer email distribution group functionality.
- Office 365 Groups - These are also included in the GAL, but in addition to the email distribution group functionality, they also offer:
- Group Calendar
- Group OneDrive for Business space (1TB)
- Group OneNote notebook
- Web interface for viewing and responding to the group's messages
Choose from one of the following topics to learn more:
- About the UAlbany Mail service
- Getting Connected to Your Personal Mailbox
- Using Email
- Using Calendars
- Working with a Shared Personal Mailbox or Calendar
- Working with a Departmental Mailbox or Calendar
- Working with a Room Calendar
- Working with an Equipment Calendar
- Address Book, Groups and Contacts
- Working with Broadcast Email Distribution Groups
- Spam Filtering
- Account Lifecycles
- Distribution Groups vs. Office 365 Groups vs. Listserv Lists
- Office 365 Groups
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft 365 Apps Subscription License - Installing Microsoft Office 365