UAlbany upgraded Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams on June 1, 2020.
Why am I seeing notifications in Skype for Business?
As part of the upgrade process, you will see notifications in Skype for Business alerting you that it will be upgraded to Teams and inviting you to Try it. Click here for more information.
Why would I want to use Teams?
- Teams is an all-in-one collaboration and communication solution, integrating chat (IM), online meetings, calling, file management, and a project workspace into one interface.
- For more information on Microsoft Teams, including use-cases, visit our main Microsoft Teams info page.
What will happen on June 1st?
- If you attempt to sign into Skype for Business, you will get a notification letting you know that you have been upgraded to Teams.
- New meetings that are scheduled from Outlook will be scheduled in Teams.
- Any future Skype for Business meetings you created prior to June 1 will automatically be updated to Teams meetings.
- IMs/chat and formerly Skype for Business voice/video calls will go through Teams.
- Your past Skype for Business conversations, calls, and voicemails will be available in your Conversation History folder in Outlook.
- Your Skype for Business contacts will be available in Teams under the Calls tab.
What should I do now to get ready?
Begin using Teams as your primary chat, calling and meetings tool.
Install Microsoft Teams on your computer and mobile devices, as needed.
If you have questions about this transition, please reach out to the ITS Service Desk.
Once you start using Teams, stop Skype for Business from starting automatically (or Uninstall Skype for Business).
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.