As of 3/26/2020, Zoom released an enhancement to allow instructors to have more control over their Zoom meetings and to ensure privacy and security.
For Zoom meetings/classes, only the meeting host can share their screen in a meeting/class. This setting gives the meeting host sole permission to share content in a meeting/class by default. The meeting host may temporarily allow all participants to share their screen for a specific meeting/class purpose, but should change the setting back to Host Only. Complete the following steps to change the setting for all of your Zoom meetings.
- Sign in at http://albany.zoom.us
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to the Screen sharing option and click on the option for All participants.
If you are in a meeting/class, the meeting host may allow participants to share their screen.
- Click on the arrow next to Screen Share
- Click on Advanced Sharing Options
- Under Who can share?, select All Participants
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.