To renew the license for SAS data analysis software, follow the steps below.
- Request a new license file for SAS via the ITS Software Catalog
- Wait to receive the new file before proceeding
- Close SAS on your computer
- Navigate to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)
- Open the SASHome folder
- Open the License folder
- Move the expired/old license file (*.txt) to another location (don't delete it yet as a precaution)
- Copy the new license file you received to the License folder
- Launch SAS, which should now use the new license file
If you have not requested to renew SAS yet, submit a software request, linked from the ITS Software Catalog.
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.