Owners of Distribution Groups can restrict who is allowed to send messages to their Distribution Groups.
To restrict who can send to your group:
- Log into your UAlbany Mail mailbox using the Outlook Web App (OWA). Click the gear icon at the top right of OWA, and choose View all Outlook settings:
- Click General on the left side to expand that sub-menu:
- Click on Distribution groups and you will see all Distribution Groups you belong to as well as Distribution Groups you own:
- Select a group you own and wish to manage, and click the pencil icon to edit it.
- A window will pop up giving you options you can manage for your group. To manage who can send messages to your group, click delivery management on the left to open that section.
- The section will open. To restrict sending to this distribution group to specific people, click the + (plus sign) button. The group is first created with the owner as the only person that may send to the group.
- A window will pop up where you can search for and select members from the GAL (Global Address List). For each person you would like to have the ability to send messages to your group, type in part of each person's name, one at a time, into the search field. Double-click on a name in the results below to add that person to the list of Allowed senders at the top. When you have added everyone you wish to add, click Save.
- You will be returned to the previous view and will see the list people with permission to send to your group. To remove someone, click the - (minus sign). Click Save to save these changes.
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.