If you teach multiple sections of the same course you might wish to merge the rosters of those courses into one master Blackboard course. Merging the rosters would allow you to manage the content, course management, and communications tasks for all merged sections in one central location - the Parent Course. This has also been referred to as Shared Resource courses.
Be careful when submitting a request to merge enrollments. To undo this action requires all of the Blackboard courses involved in the merge to be deleted and re-created. This can cause delays and difficulties with restoring your course materials.
To merge enrollments of your Blackboard courses:
- Log in to MyUAlbany;
- Click the Academic Services and Advising tab;
- Click the Merge Blackboard Courses link listed on the left-hand menu;
- Select the semester to view your courses;
- Select the courses for which you want to merge enrollments
- Click OK to confirm the courses you've selected to merge;
- Click the Done button to complete the process;
A confirmation message will be displayed that summarizes your request.