To manage the membership or ownership of your distribution group in UAlbany Mail, follow the steps below.
Only Owners of Distribution Groups can add and remove members.
- Log into your UAlbany Mail mailbox using the Outlook Web App (OWA). Click the gear icon at the top right of OWA, and choose View all Outlook settings:
- Click on General and then select Distribution groups on the left:
- You will see all Distribution groups you belong to as well as Distribution groups you own.
- Select a group you own and wish to manage, and click the pencil icon to edit it.
- A window will pop up giving you options of things you can manage for your group. To manage the members of your group, click Membership. To manage owners of your group, click Ownership:
- To add members, click the + (plus sign) button.
- A window will pop up where you can search for and select members from the GAL (Global Address List). For each person you would like to add to your group, type in part of each person's name, one at a time into the search field. Double-click on a name in the results below to add that person to the list of Members at the top. When you have added everyone you wish to add, click OK.
- You will be returned to the previous view and will see the list of members of your group. To remove someone, click the - (minus sign). Click Save to save these changes.
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.