Your Blackboard course is your virtual classroom and YOU hold the key.
When you are ready to enable student access to your virtual classroom, simply "unlock" it by making it available.
When you do so, the course will be available to students beginning 2 weeks before the first day of classes for the term.
- Log in to your Blackboard course (through MyUAlbany or at http://blackboard.albany.edu);
- Go to your course link under My Courses;
- On the Control Panel menu at lower left, click Customization > Properties
- For item #2 Set Availability, select Yes;
- Click the blue Submit button located at the top-right or bottom-right of the page.
Course "Go Live" Date is Two Weeks Before First Day of Class
- Once you "unlock" your Blackboard course it will be available to your enrolled students beginning two weeks before the start of the semester.
- If you make your course available prior to the Go Live date, it will be designated on the My Blackboard page as "unavailable" (see figures below). This is intended to ensure your awareness of whether or not students are able to access the course.
- If you make your course available after the Go Live date, then it will be immediately available to your students.
Figure 1: My Courses view of a course that is Unavailable
Figure 2: My Courses view of a course that is Available but before the Go Live date
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.