UAlbany faculty, staff, and students are entitled to install and use Office 365 on their Windows and/or Mac computers while they have UAlbany Mail email accounts. Please click here for additional information.
This can be installed on up to 15 devices in total: 5 installations on Windows (Windows 7, 8.1, or 10) and Mac (macOS/X 10.10 or later) devices, 5 installations on smart phones, and 5 on tablet devices.
Faculty & Staff
Faculty and staff should not perform this installation on a computer that is supported and managed by their Technical Coordinator.
- Log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Click on your profile icon in the right corner (this may have your initials or be a profile picture).
- Click My Account in the menu that opens.
- Click Install Office in the Install Status box.
- Save the setup file when prompted.
- Run that file when it finishes downloading and follow the on-screen prompts to begin installing the latest version of Office on your computer.