UAlbany faculty, staff, and students are entitled to install and use Microsoft 365 Apps (M365) (formerly called Office 365 ProPlus) on personally-owned devices while they have UAlbany Mail email accounts. Please click here for additional information. This can be installed on up to 15 devices in total: You may deactivate the license for workstations where you have already installed the software to free up licenses, if needed.
This can be installed on up to 15 devices in total:
You may deactivate the license for workstations where you have already installed the software to free up licenses, if needed.
Faculty & Staff
- Log in to Outlook on the web (formerly called Outlook Web App or OWA) on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner (this may have your initials or be a profile picture):
- Click View Account in the menu that opens.
- Click Office apps on the left side:
- Click Install Office in the Apps & devices section:
- Save the setup file if prompted.
- The installer setup file will download and you will be shown some instructions on how to proceed:
- Run that file when it finishes downloading and follow the on-screen prompts to begin installing the latest version of Office on your computer.
- Before you can start using any M365 Office application, you will need to activate your copy:
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.