Subject: ITS Resources (Shared folders, UAlbany mail, permission groups etc.) Access Audit
Please review the attached Excel document that contains a list of ITS resources (shared folders, UAlbany mail, Office 365 Groups, distribution lists, permission groups etc.) which you are listed as a current owner. Reviewing the list of members for accuracy is important to maintaining the security of your departmental resources.
(Note: Any resources not hosted by ITS, such as file shares hosted by your Technical Coordinator's office, are not listed. Please contact your Technical Coordinator for more information regarding those resources.)
1. The report includes the Group Access Manager’s (GAM) additional owners. If an ITS resource is not accessible by the GAM, then the Owner’s field will be blank.
2. To modify the ownership of a shared folder, UAlbany mailbox, or Room/Equipment calendar, please submit a Group Owner Maintenance Request, which can be found in the askIT wiki at https://wiki.albany.edu/x/4Q_AAg.
To modify Office 365 Groups and Distribution group ownerships, please see below.
3. To add or remove individuals from shared folders, UAlbany mailbox, or Room/Equipment calendars, please use the Group Access Manager which is available from the ITS website under quick links, or directly at https://idm.albany.edu.
Documentation on how to use the Group Access Manager is available at https://wiki.albany.edu/x/vs1vAg.
Instructions for managing Office 365 group members and owners may be found at https://wiki.albany.edu/x/dIq0Aw.
Instructions for managing Distribution group members and owners may be found at https://wiki.albany.edu/x/7ZQ8Ag.
4. If you no longer need a resource and it can be deleted, please reply to this email.
5. If no changes are needed, or you have made the changes yourself, no reply is necessary.
Identity and Access Management Group
University at Albany