To request a Mobile Jabber account, follow the instructions below and include the following information:
- University phone number
- User's NetID
- User's cell phone type - Android or iPhone
Submitting a telephone request:
To submit a new request:
- Create an ITS Service Desk request:
- Include the following:
- Extension number (For existing phones)
- Location - Building, Room (For new activations)
- Name, NetID, email address of person to be assigned to phone
- Change requested - See list below
- Optional for special requests:
- Device type - Telephone, Jabber for desktop, Jabber for cell phone, Conference phone, panic button, emergency phone etc.
- Line Appearance - By default, new phones are provided with the new number unless otherwise requested.
- Voicemail - By default, users get a voicemail box, phones assigned to "vacant" don't.
- Calling capability - Default is Continental US
Types of requests that ITS completes:
Please submit a request to ITS if you need to do any of the following
- Activate a new phone, desktop Jabber account, or Mobile Jabber account
- Update whether a phone has voicemail or not
- Update a phone for a person leaving your department or joining your department.
- Update the line appearances or other programming on the phone
- Update the 911 location when phones are moved to a different location.
- Update the calling capability to International
- Disconnecting a phone
Types of requests that you can complete:
- Phone not Working after Moving to a New Location from one location to another. Please be sure to let ITS know so we can confirm the 911 information for the new location
- Change your ringtone or Change ringer volume on Cisco phones
- Change your voicemail Pin (Password) if you have forgotten it.
- Change a line on your phone to flash instead of ring and vice versa
- Purchase a phone (Model Cisco 8841). Once purchased, please send the MAC address to ITS to program the phone.
Types of requests that HR completes:
- Update the directory listing for Outlook, Jabber, and the online directory
- State Employees
- RF employees
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.