To add a mailbox you have permission to access but is not your own, in Outlook for Mac, follow the steps below.
- In Outlook, open the Tools menu and click Accounts
- Click the Advanced... button and go to the Delegates tab
- Click the plus sign (+) below "People I am a delegate for" to add a mailbox
- Enter the name or e-mail address of the departmental mailbox in the search box, select it from the results, and click Add
- Click OK to close the Delegates list, then close the Accounts window
- The account will then be added to your list of accounts and folders in Outlook
These instructions are based on Microsoft's article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3040749.
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.