Cookies are tiny text files stored by your browser. Clearing the cookies from the browser may resolve a login or access issue to a web page or IT service provided by UAlbany.
Note: After clearing the cookies from the browser, you should close all open windows, quit/exit the browser, and then relaunch the browser.
In most browsers (not Safari, though), the keyboard shortcuts below may open the dialog box needed, saving some steps:
- Windows: Ctrl + Shift + Delete
- MacOS: Command + Shift + Delete
For Windows 8/8.1, you will need to launch Internet Explorer in Desktop Mode. In Windows 8 mode, click the "Page Tools" icon (wrench) and select "View on the desktop."
- Select Tools > Internet Options.
- Select Delete... under Browsing History on the General tab.
- On Delete Browsing History window, uncheck Preserve Favorites website data
Note: Unchecking Preserve Favorites Website Data will allow the Cookies to be removed for Favorites too; it will not remove your Favorites.
- You can remove checkmarks from any of the items you do not want to affect by the delete action.
- Check the box for Cookies. The remaining items can be left unchecked.
- Click Delete
- Select Firefox menu > History > "Clear Recent History" or History menu > "Clear Recent History"
- Select Everything from "Time range to clear" drop-down menu
- Check the box for Cookies
- Select the "Clear Now" button
- Select Safari menu > Preferences
- On the Privacy tab, select Details
- Select Remove All
- Select Remove Now
- Select Chrome menu > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data
- Select "All time" from the "Time range" drop-down menu
- Check the box for "Cookies and other site data"
- Select "Clear browsing data"
- Select More Actions (... menu) > Settings
- Select "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data"
- Check the box for "Cookies and saved website data"
- Select Clear