Information Technology Services (ITS) provides technology resources you’ll need for the duration of your studies. You can start using campus IT services right away.
ITS offers help with the services listed below and more. For more details about services or to obtain help, please contact us from www.albany.edu/its/help.
Residential Student help:
- For Wi-Fi and internet access in the dorms, contact Apogee at 1-866-478-8861 or www.myresnet.com. Apogee support is available 24/7.
- For cable TV in the dorms, call Spectrum at 1-844-725-4339. Identify yourself as a University at Albany student calling about your Cable TV service.
The MyUAlbany portal has links to many services, University news, and allows you access to your academic, financial, and other important information.
Never share password information with anyone; it keeps your data and files safe. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your computer.
UAlbany Mail is part of Microsoft’s Office 365 for Education. If you don’t already know your University e-mail address, you can see it in MyUAlbany.
To connect to UAlbany Mail on a smartphone or tablet, the following general steps should help:
- In Settings, choose to add an account
- Choose the type, Exchange or Corporate
- Enter your UAlbany e-mail address and your password
- The account should set up and may present further options for customization
- New messages will be automatically delivered to the device
For detailed instructions, go to Getting Connected - UAlbany Mail.
Wi-Fi and Networking
UAlbanyWiFi is the secure wireless service used on campus by students, faculty, and staff. Log in with your NetID and Password.
To connect to UAlbanyWiFi wireless service on a smartphone or tablet, the following general steps should help:
- In Settings, view the available wireless networks
- Choose UAlbanyWiFi
- Enter your UAlbany NetID and Password
- If prompted, accept/trust the certificate
- The connection should complete and reconnect automatically when you are in range of a UAlbanyWiFi signal again
For detailed instructions, go to Getting Connected - UAlbany WiFi.
Office 365 includes OneDrive for Business, with 1TB of online storage and Office Web Apps to edit or collaborate on documents. For details and instructions, go to OneDrive for Business.
Access to your S Drive, your personal space with 100MB of storage, is available when you use ITS public use computers or a personal computer. For instructions to access, go to File Storage - S: Drive.
Microsoft Office 365 is available for free via download through UAlbany Mail as long as you are a student at UAlbany. It allows installing a full version of Microsoft Office on your computers and mobile devices. For details and instructions, go to Office 365 Subscription License.
Additional information about software used by the University Community.
Zoom offers video and audio conferencing with screen-sharing and other meeting features. For details and instructions, go to Zoom.
Blackboard is UAlbany's Learning Management System (LMS). Blackboard has many features which allow faculty to upload files and organize course content, communicate with students via announcements or email, and assign and grade assignments easily through the browser.
Computers and Printing
In the three University libraries, ITS has computers with Microsoft Office and academic software. Printers are available in the Libraries. You can print from the computers there or from your own laptop! For details and instructions, go to UniPrint Services.
Personal Computers and Devices:
- If there is no requirement stated by your academic department, choose a computer that suits your personal and academic needs and preferences. The computer or mobile device should support enterprise wireless technology (WPA2-Enterprise/802.1x) for use with the wireless internet services on campus. We recommend purchase of a 3 year or 4 year service contract including accidental damage protection. This allows you to contact the vendor for help with operating system or hardware issues that may occur.
- Within MyUAlbany is the Technology Resources section where you will find links to Apple Store for Education and Dell University programs.