Individuals are identified as Emeriti within their Human Resources employment record upon retiring from the University as a member of United University Professions or Management Confidential. An individual's Human Resources employment record must indicate Emeriti status.
If you believe your employment record is incorrect and you should be listed as having Emeriti status, please contact Human Resources to have your records updated accordingly.
1. ITS requests information about what access should be removed by notifying the former department via the termination notification.
2. By default, Emeriti are able to retain their email and access to on-line resources. Click here for a complete list of services.
3. Removal of access: Emeriti are individually accountable for reporting whether they want to retain email and access to applicable University online services to the Identity and Access Management Office.
1. The first notification is sent via the termination process upon terminating from the University.
(This is a new process, former retired Emeriti that have active accounts are being notified via email and US Postal mailing in January 2013).
Current access is reviewed by the Identity and Access Management group and any access that the former department indicates should be removed, is removed at this time.
2. The termination notification will be sent to the individual as well as the department. The individual, department or both can reply to the termination notification and indicate if they would like to retain access as an Emeriti at that time. The ITS Identity and Access Management Group will update and remove appropriate access indicated by the department at that time.
3. Should an Emeriti decide to retain email and access to applicable University online services, they will be notified by an annual renewal email notification sent by the ITS Identity and Access Management Group.
How do I activate my mailbox if it's not already activated or I forgot my password and need to reset it?
You will need to follow password set/reset process and obtain NetID:
What if I prefer to use another email service and want to forward my UAlbany Mail to another email provider?
You can set up a forwarding rule from your UAlbany mail account: