Fight the Phish
Phishing emails remain one of the top threats. Report suspicious emails using the Phish Alert button. What's suspicious? Be especially alert for any request with an unusual sense of urgency for any personal information (password, credit card, etc.)
Some emails are annoying, such as unsolicited newsletters or advertisements, but are not malicious. Block these yourself instead of using Phish Alert.
2-Step Login with Duo
The University has seen a significant reduction in the number of compromised accounts since we began using 2-Step Login with Duo. Use these tips to make Duo as mobile as you are:
- Use the free Duo mobile app
- Remember me for 30 days
- Don't get locked out! Register and Android or iOS tablet as a secondary device
- Keep an eye out for the updated free Duo mobile app
Secure your data
ITS provides Microsoft OneDrive, on-campus file storage and other methods to protect files and other important information.
Microsoft OneDrive has several options for sharing files securely.
Have strong passwords
Strong passwords are a critical way to protect your information.
- Test your password with this tool from the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Check all your email accounts with HaveIBeenPwned to see if any passwords need to be changed
- Don't use your UAlbany passwords for other services
Know the rules
Make sure you understand University policies and standards for information security.