Microsoft 365 apps for enterprise, the new Office, enables you to:
- Work collaboratively with your group across all your devices.
- Work with the very latest version of your documents. All the time.
- Work from the very latest versions of: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Sway, and Publisher.
|M365||Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010|
- Regular feature upgrades, quality updates, and security patches
- Only receives security patches
- Real-time file coauthoring in Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Excel
- Easy access to your files wherever they are stored in Microsoft 365 or on your computer
- @Mentions in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Get more done with tools you know—powered by the intelligent cloud. Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise helps you improve writing in Word and Outlook, find insights in Excel, and create presentations in PowerPoint.
- Show changes in PowerPoint While You Were Away
- Real-time file coauthoring only in Word
- More difficult to access files stored in Microsoft 365
- @Mentions only in Outlook
- AutoSave feature to make sure the file you're working on is always safely saved (with version history in case you need to revert)
- PowerPoint Designer and QuickStarter to suggest new slide designs and assist with research and outline creation
- Streamlined, simpler-to-use Modern Ribbon
- Resume Assistant and Dictation in Word
- Ideas in PowerPoint, Excel
- Excel Data Types
- Researcher in Word, OneNote
- M365 is the version already available for home use, so you will have the same experience no matter where you work
- Office 201* versions include applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and do not get new features unless you upgrade to the next version (e.g. 2016 → 2019)
Learn more about the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 2019: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/what-s-the-difference-between-microsoft-365-and-office-2019-ed447ebf-6060-46f9-9e90-a239bd27eb96