If you have multiple email addresses/aliases associated with your mailbox and need to filter mail based on which address the sender used, you will need to create a conditional forwarding rule. The directions here will create a rule that redirects incoming mail to your mailbox that is sent to a particular proxy/alternate email address.
Log into your mailbox at https://mail.albany.edu.
Click the gear icon on the top right and choose Options.
- Click Inbox Rules:
- Click the + icon to create a new rule:
- Give the rule a name (something like "Redirect email sent to uamail").
- For When the message arrives, and:, choose It was sent or received > Sent to...
- Type the appropriate variant of your email address into the box to the right of To: and then click Use this address:...
- Click OK. This will return you to the previous page.
- Click on Select one under 'Do the following: and choose Forward, redirect, or send > Redirect the message to....
- This will again open a new window where you can choose where to redirect the message. Enter the address you wish to redirect these messages to the right of To: and then click Use this address:...
- Click OK. This will close that window and return you to the previous one.
- Review your new rule in the New Inbox Rule window. If everything looks correct, click on OK.
- Your new rule will appear in your rule list. If you need to modify the rule, select it and click the pencil icon: