Follow the instructions below to re-configure Outlook and remove your account configured with Basic Authentication so that it uses Modern Authentication instead.
- Create a new Outlook profile. Give it a different name so you can tell the new one apart from your old one.
- Once you have complete the steps in the article above, open Outlook to begin downloading your content and very everything works properly. Once you verify, you can remove your old profile.
- Close Outlook.
- In Windows, click Start > Control Panel or search for and open Control Panel.
- Open Mail or Mail (32 bit).
- Click Show Profiles.
- Select your old profile and click Remove:
Click OK to close the window.
- You may now use Outlook.
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.