To connect to UAlbany WiFi using a Windows 8 device, follow the steps below.
- Move your pointer (without clicking) to the top or bottom right hand corner of your screen. The Charms menu will appear on the right.
- Click the Settings icon in the Charms menu
- Within Settings, click the WiFi icon above Notifications
- Windows will display a list of available networks to join. Click UAlbanyWiFi. After selecting UAlbanyWiFi, click the Connect button
- Windows will then ask to enter your Username and password. Enter your Net ID and your password, then click OK.
- Windows will then ask you to accept the security certificate in order to connect. Press the Connect button.
- You will now be connected to UAlbanyWiFi
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.