The Microsoft Office apps are available to faculty, staff, and students to open, view, create, and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files on their iOS devices. These instructions will also connect the Office apps to your OneDrive for Business files.
Instructions for installing Microsoft Office for iPad or iPhone:
- There are multiple separate apps that comprise Microsoft Office for iPad or iPhone. We will use PowerPoint for iPhone for this demonstration, but the process is similar for all of them.
- Search for and download any or all of the apps you need from the App Store:
- Once it is installed, tap on the icon to open the app:
- You will see a screen similar to the following. Enter your UAlbany email in the box provided and click "Next."
- You will be provided with this screen. Here, login with your Net ID and your password. Click "Sign in."
- You will then be provided with the option to turn notifications on. If you wish to click the "Turn on Notifications." It will allow the app to notify you with updates when they occur. If you do not want this then click "Not Now >" at the bottom of the screen. You are allowed to activate this later in the settings if you wish.
- You are now signed into your University OneDrive for Business account and can access your files through the Microsoft Office apps. Tap Create and Edit Documents to begin working.
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.