- User fills in the form and submits the data.
- The data is written to your data file. Each piece of information is placed on a single line within your data file. Based on your choice, each piece of information is separated with a comma, or a tab, or is first quoted then separated with commas.
- You extract the data and work with it in a software program of your choice. For example, you could import the data into a spreadsheet, database, or statistical package.
- Request registration to use the Form to File service.
- You will be sent an email with further instructions.
- Construct your HTML form.
Your HTML form must reside within the "albany.edu" domain and your data file will reside beneath the home directory of your Unix account.
Note: You do not need to have your HTML form set up prior to submitting your request for registration. Your data file will be set up following the registration process.
- Working with your data