Confirm you are entering the correct NetID and Password
- Complete the UAlbany Password Set/Reset process
- When you have successfully set or reset your password, a confirmation message will display your NetID and the systems to which you are granted access.
The confirmation message must state the password was set/reset for UAlbany Mail to confirm you have a University email account. If it does not, or it contains an error message, you may no longer have an email account or your access to services is limited.
Check your computer settings
- Confirm date, time and time zone settings on the computer are correct for your location.
- Confirm that the computer's internet connection will allow you to access the University's online resources:
- At a work location, your company's network security may block your access. Contact the network administrator at your company for assistance.
- At home, a personal firewall or security program installed on the computer or wireless router may block your access. Contact the vendor for assistance.
Check your browser settings
- The current versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome have been tested for use with the University's online resources.
- The browser should have cookies enabled for the albany.edu domain.
- If your browser displays a prompt about pop-ups while you are using or accessing a UAlbany application, allow pop-ups for albany.edu sites.
- Do not set a bookmark or favorite for the web logon or "Hello" page where you enter your NetID and password.
- Blackboard Users: Please review the Blackboard browser compatibility requirements
Perform Browser Maintenance
Periodically, you should clear the cache and cookies from your browser to avoid problems with page loading and authentication errors.
If after reviewing the above information you have questions or need further technical assistance, visit the ITS Help Desk in Lecture Center 27, call 518-442-3700 or submit a service desk request.