Improved Discussion Features
Blackboard has redesigned their Discussions tool which adds welcomed features while maintaining all of its current functionality.
- New look and feel to the discussion forums
- Large avatars/profile picture - easily identify classmates and instructors while building a class community (How to Add an Avatar)
- View all posts within a thread on a single page
- ability to collapse/expand
- New Content Editor when submitting a post or reply
- Embed rich media
- Create a video post using Video Everywhere.
- Post comments as usual
- Post First Feature - Instructors can enable this setting to require that students submit their own response to the forum's prompt prior to being able to see/read what other students have posted to the forum. (Note: when selecting this option, Blackboard will automatically make other decisions about the settings for that forum (e.g. students won't be able to delete or edit their posts.)
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.