These instructions assume you have already installed M365 on a Mac. Before you can use any M365 application on a computer, you must sign in with your UAlbany credentials and activate it.
- To activate M365, open your Finder and go to your applications folder. Double-click on any M365 Office application (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint…) to run it.
- If you are prompted, choose Already bought Office? Sign in:
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft sign in page. Enter your albany.edu email address and click Next.
- The UAlbany Sign-in Screen will pop up. Enter your NetID and Password.
- Authentication with the Duo application is required. You will need to select one of the three options to complete the second factor authentication:
- Once validated, you will see a message that you can now start using any M365 Office applications on this computer.
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.