You can connect from an Android device to your Network locations on Lincoln. It requires additional apps as per below.
You will need two programs in order to connect from off-campus:
- GlobalProtect VPN client (Clients is available free from the Google Play Store for Android devices. Just search for "GlobalProtect" by Palo Alto Networks.)
- If you are connecting while on the University network, then you do not need to use GlobalProtect VPN.
A third-party app like "File Manager: free and easily" by Xiaomi Inc. to access the network drive (Available in the Google Play Store)
Please note that some third-party apps may not be free.
- Set up the VPN to connect to uavpn.albany.edu. Enter your UAlbany NetID and password to log in.
- Once connected to the VPN, open File Manager to access the network share.
- If you choose to use this application, you will need to allow it to access the files on your device
- After the app opens, click the icon, and select Remote from the list
- Select Add remote device, select the SMB/LAN option, Edit, and More
- Domain: ualbany
- Host: 22.214.171.124
- Port: (blank)
- Username: NETID (replacing NETID with your actual NetID)
- Password: Enter your UAlbany password
- Select Ok to finish
- It will add a "Remote" location, indicated with the Host and the Username. You will now be connected to Lincoln and can browse the available folders by clicking the added Remote location. Note that any folders which you do not have permissions to view will be inaccessible.
Need more help? Submit an ITS Service Desk Request.