2-Step Login with Duo has been implemented for many services where you log in with your UAlbany NetID and password. 2-Step Login with Duo adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring something you know (your NetID and password) and something you have (your secret code or push notification). This adds an extra layer of protection for you as well as the University community by preventing unauthorized individuals who may have your password from accessing your account, data, and University resources.
When you enroll in 2-Step Login, you will identify the device that receives your one-time, secret code. The code can be delivered in multiple ways:
- an app on your smart phone or tablet (recommended)
- Apple TouchID
- Yubikey (or similar) security key
- Duo token
*Note: To enhance security, over the next year we will be reducing the option to use Phone and SMS as a method to receive your secret code.
Being prompted to set up Duo when logging in?
Unable to log in to an ITS service using Duo?
- Duo 2-Step is Missing Phone and SMS Options
- Duo 2-Step FAQs (including Setup, Using, and Troubleshooting Duo)
- Services Protected by Duo
Got a new phone?
- How does changing a phone, number, or SIM card affect Duo Mobile?
- How to Use Duo Instant Restore on Android Phones
- How to Use Duo Instant Restore on iOS Devices
- Add or Change what Devices you are using with Duo
Most Useful Features of Duo?
Need more help? Contact the ITS Service Desk.